When it comes to hearing health, sometimes hearing aids do matter but we can’t simply ignore the benefits coming from diet and consistent exercise. The truth is, Malaysian foods offer surprising health benefits that may exceed your expectations.
We’ve created a list below for you to choose what’s best.
- Mee Goreng Mamak has many variations depending on where you’re dining in. The Indian version can be too spicy, but the Malaysian twist is just right. Typically, seafood, beef, vegetables, and eggs can all be added to this meal. One distinction of Mee Goreng is the yellow noodles. It has Protein, Potassium, Omega 3 that surely help with your hearing health.
- Apam Balik looks like a pancake when you look at it from a farther distance. It can be considered a dessert that satisfies your sweet tooth. It has sugar, peanuts, and a little bit of corn. Apam Balik has the right amount of Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, and Carbohydrates.
- Nasi Kerabu is a type of cuisine that consists of blue rice, spices, fish, beans and fish sauce all mixed up. Nasi Kerabu has the right amount of Protein and it also promotes cell regeneration. If you want to add vegetables, you may do so to add more fiber in your diet. Every part of the body has muscles and Protein helps support our overall hearing condition.
- Ayam Percik also has vitamins and minerals needed by our bodies. You can simply call it a barbeque chicken served with percik sauce which means it can come with chili, garlic and ginger all combined with coconut added. With a chicken meal, expect to take advantage of Protein, Potassium, Zinc and Phosphorus. All these help sustain our muscles and blood circulation that may have contributing factors to good hearing.
- Nasi Lemak dish comes with boiled egg, chicken, lamb or beef. The overall taste is typically backed up by peanuts and vegetables plus the fact that the rice is cooked in coconut milk, the entire meal is definitely appetizing. Protein, Magnesium and Potassium are the common nutrients that contribute to boosting your hearing health in this dish.
- Roti John has a combination of bread, sliced meat and egg. If you want to sharpen your hearing abilities, you need the right amount of Protein, Carbohydrates, Potassium and Zinc. Eating in moderation is always the key to good health.
There are still avenues to prevent hearing loss. One crucial step is to watch what we eat since it is highly essential to maintain hearing health. Hearing aids are only there to support people who are already having trouble hearing, but prevention is always the best thing to do.
What to do next?
If you are having difficulty hearing the people around you, or feeling like your hearing ability is decreasing, don’t wait until it’s too late. Get in touch with our hearing care centres in Malaysia for professional hearing assessment.